The Home Political Department of the Government of Assam consists of the following branches:
- Home Political (A)
- Home Political (B)
- Home Political (Vigilance Cell) Department
Functions and Powers
Political (A) Department
Political (A) Department deals with the following matters
- Internal Security of the State.
- Assam State Human Right Commission.
- Crisis management plan for manmade disaster.
- Security of VIP, VVIP etc.
- Security of Inter-state and International Border.
Political (B) Department
Political (B) Department deals with the following matters:
- Foreigner Tribunals (F.T.s).
- Official language implementation.
- State level national Integration Committee.
Political (Vigilance Cell) Department
Political (Vigilance Cell) Department deals with the following matters:
- Vigilance Clearance Report.
- State Vigilance Commission.
- Cabinet Cell
- N. O. C. for Govt. employees for passport, foreign tours etc.