This Plan is prepared for a systematic approach and organisational preparedness to meet major goals and targets successfully.The policy of Fire & Emergency Services to respond to disasters like earthquake may be summarised in one simple mission statement - “We serve to save and the department is committed to providing an effective and efficient response in all emergency situations which threatens life, property and public safety.”
Fire & Emergency Services as well as State Disaster Response Force(S.D.R.F.) Personnel is called upon to respond to all types of hazards, whether man-made or natural, to serve the distressed people of the state.Presently, the department is under the administrative control of the Home(B) Department of the Govt. of Assam and is functioning with 110(one hundred and ten) Fire & Emergency Services Stations with manpower of 2741 personnel with a mandate to give fire protection and emergency coverage including search & rescue operations all over the state.
1. Special Awareness Campaigning on Earthquake and Landslide in some identified vulnerable hill areas.
2. Special Apartment based Sensitization and Awareness Programme on Earthquake and Fire.
3. Special Inspection Campaign on Fire & Earthquake Safety in a multi-storied building(apartment) and major industries.
4. Publicity of Earthquake Safety Measures through Newspaper, Printed and Electronic Media
1. Activation and Mobilisation of 110(One hundred ten) fire & emergency station as per Standing Operating Procedure(SOP).
2. To utilise firefighting and search and rescue equipment, appliances and resources to the optimum at the time of need.
3. The policy of using available resources to get maximum output.
1. As soon as information is received of an emergency, the concerned fire & emergency services station of that area will be the first responder.
2. Passing of information to the seniors(as per hierarchy) and mobilisation of re-enforcement etc.
3. Depending on the situation each team member will discharge his responsibilities as per instruction of the attending senior officer.
4. More resources will be mobilised from all available sources by the senior most officer present as per Contingency Plan and Standard Operating Procedure.